A delegation from the Japanese Nuclear Regulation Authority, NRA, learned more about the activities of the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI) during a visit between 21 and 25 August 2017. Key topics were the supervisory and safety cultures.
The Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI) publishes its organisational regulations, setting out details of ENSI’s duties, responsibilities, organisation and management structure.
A delegation from the Iran Nuclear Regulatory Authority (INRA) gained insights into the supervisory activities of the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI) during a visit from 14 to 18 August 2017. Key issues included the management system, implementation of the backfitting obligation and safety culture.
In the new position paper, ‘Supervision of Deep Geological Repositories’, the Board and Executive Board of the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI) express their opinions on, amongst other things, the division of roles between ENSI and those subject to the supervision.
The experts of the European Nuclear Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG) have joined others in awarding good marks to Switzerland’s nuclear power plants. In their assessment of Switzerland’s National Report for the EU Stress Test, the EU experts conclude that Swiss nuclear power plants meet the international safety requirements in all areas, and Switzerland is even […]
At the 59th General Conference of the IAEA the representatives of the member states held discussions about various topics in the field of nuclear energy. The Swiss delegation with its representatives emphasised the international strengthening of nuclear safety.
POPULAR NEWS ARTICLES
- Switzerland achieves majority in favour of improving the Convention on Nuclear Safety
- “We shall make every possible effort to ensure that nuclear power plants throughout the world become safer”
- ENSI is also focusing on safety culture
- ENSI has a new mission statement
- ENSI follows WENRA recommendation on review of reactor pressure vessels
- Switzerland submits its National Report to the Convention on Nuclear Safety at the IAEA
- Convention on Nuclear Safety ensures high global safety standards in nuclear power plants